At Riivue, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of all visitors to our web site. In particular, we want you to know that Riivue is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
We take your privacy seriously and take measures to provide all visitors and users of Riivue with a safe and secure environment.
There are many different ways you can use our services – to search for and share information, to communicate with other people or to create new content. When you share information with us, for example by creating a Riivue Account, we can make those services even better – to show you more relevant search results and ads, to help you connect with people or to make sharing with others quicker and easier. As you use our services, we want you to be clear how we’re using information and the ways in which you can protect your privacy.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Riivue Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Riivue Profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you view and interact with our ads and content. This information includes:
- Device information. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Riivue may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Riivue Account.
- Log information. When you use our services or view content provided by Riivue, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Riivue Account.
- Cookies and similar technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Riivue service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services or Riivue features that may appear on other sites.
Information we collect when you are signed in to Riivue, in addition to information we obtain about you from partners, may be associated with your Riivue Account. When information is associated with your Riivue Account, we treat it as personal information.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Riivue and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content.
If you have a Riivue Account, we may display your Profile name, Profile photo, and actions you take on Riivue or on third-party applications connected to your Riivue Account (such content you post, votes, reviews you write and comments you post) in our services, including displaying in ads and other commercial contexts. We will respect the choices you make to limit sharing or visibility settings in your Riivue Account.
When you contact Riivue, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We may combine personal information from one service with information, including personal information, from other Riivue services.
Riivue processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. For example, you can:
- Review and update your Riivue activity controls to decide what types of data, such as pages you liked or past searches, you would like saved with your account when you use Riivue services. You can also visit these controls to manage whether certain activity is stored in a cookie or similar technology on your device when you use our services while signed-out of your account.
- Adjust how the Profile associated with your Riivue Account appears to others.
- Take information associated with your Riivue Account out of many of our services.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, we may not remember your language preferences.
Information you share
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines, including Riivue. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection department at email@example.com and we will work with you to remove any of your personal data we may have.
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup systems).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Riivue unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Riivue when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Riivue if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Riivue, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
We work hard to protect Riivue and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Riivue employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Compliance and cooperation with regulatory authorities